June was a month of many course corrections and reprioritizing. Several of my monthly goals did not happen as I got some curve balls thrown at me this month. I kept reminding myself that my goals and plans are meant to serve me, not the other way around. I got the opportunity to practice flexibility and letting some things go recognizing that ultimately, I am not in charge and can only control certain things.
I use the Serenity Prayer a lot,
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Here is my progress on my June goals:
- Extended family dinner on 6/17 – completed and had a wonderful time. I enlisted a lot of help from the kids with prepping.
- Surgery prep – I made a list of things to do during recovery and have talked with a few people about the support I need and want afterward.
- Take Ella on a date – completed, we brought Mya too so not a one-on-one date.
- Ella driving lesson – didn’t happen.
- Hiking 4 times – I didn’t go at all.
- Candy shop with the family – we went ax throwing instead – SUPER fun!!
- Summer work schedule – completed
- Finish e-book – nope – changed priority.
- Prep for 4th of July parade – nope – changed priority
- Windows & blinds – no progress other than bringing in the blinds from delivery 😉
- Rest day – completed 4/4 weeks
- Take time to work on Powersheets – completed 4/4 weeks
- Quality time with Mya – completed 4/4 weeks
- Faith study on Sundays – completed 3/4 weeks
- Radical Acceptance Meditation – 18/30 days
- Yoga or strength exercises – 14/30 days
- Untamed Journal – 20/30 days
- Spending a good amount of time outdoors – 26/30 days
- Movement – 20/30 days
- Check kids’ chores – 30/30 days
- Evening routine – 19/30 days
There you have it, my June goals and the progress I made on them.
To celebrating progress!